Where the screen is hanging it’s about 9’6” vaulted up to a peak of 11’. the back wall the projector is on is only 8’. one of the specific reason I bought this house was because of the layout of this room. Having a 9.5’ screen “wall” allows me to use the second largest 1.78 screen Carada makes and still allow my M80s to fit under it. This gives me complete freedom of placement for all 3 of my M80s something a taller standard screen or an AT screen wouldn’t have allowed. I feel this gives me both the best video and audio w/o having to compromise either one for the sake of the other.

I wanted the vaulted ceiling for acoustics but the added benefits are less reflection off the ceiling do to it angling up and the high peak allows me to keep the ceiling van (love it) just with a shorter drop rod.

Based on a couple days viewing I don’t see any problems with this screen height. Especially for other people coming over to watch 2.35:1 movies since I can just turn the dial on top of the AE4000 and it shifts the 2.35:1 image down from the center of the screen to the bottom edge which is eye level (big chairs) (didn’t use the other term since Richeydog posted that rather disturbing picture last time ;\) ).

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1