Since we do a lot of complaining, I like when I get to point out exceptional service to keep it fair.

As an FYI, we purchased a Silgranit kitchen sink from Blanco and while we are happy with the sink, we are even happier with the unusually pleasant service we have received post sale.

Our sink developed a hairline crack along the bottom that we brought to thier attention to see what would happen. It didn't leak but it was noticeable and we wore concerned it would grow. They asked for pictures both from above and below which was fair enough.

I should point out that this was over 6 years after the purchase so we fully expected them to tell us we must have done 'something' wrong and fight us on the warranty. However, in a matter of days, a new sink arrived at our door.

Twice since, we had an issue with the stoppers not being watertight. The new ones just didn't fit perfectly in the new sink. Both times, we had a new stopper in a matter of days. The second time they apologized as they were realizing that the rubber gasket used was defective from thier supplier for a while and assured us they had corrected it and sent us two new stoppers via next-day delivery.

It's rare to see a company stand behind thier products so well these days so I thought it's worth mentioning since you provided the opportunity. If they have a product you like, I recommend them for peace of mind.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.