Bridgman ... I get back from vacation, and see your hilarious posts. That's something we need more of in this hobby. You are welcome here any time!

Today is also tax day in the US, so it's been a wild couple of days since we returned.

Hopefully, over the next couple of days, we will get things firmed up for this test - I am leaning towards getting a pair of M100's, a pair of M50's, possibly a center channel, a subwoofer and one other pair of towers or bookshelf speakers.

The M100's are under serious consideration because the one pair of speakers I have missed the most is the M80's I got about 9 years ago. The M100's would eventually be tested against something like the Goldenear Triton 2's. They are getting raves, and are a solid Class B in Stereophile.

The M50's would be tested against possibly a pair of SVS Prime Towers and the Home Theater Direct Level 3 towers. This test would be, unlike most one sees, a realistic test using a hime theater receiver.

Too many of these tests are done with $9000 in amps driving a $1000 pair of speakers. I never read where a guy looking for something like an M50 based home theater was going to use amps that cost 9 times the price of the speakers.