Guys - This was posted at Home Theater Shack earlier tonight:

It's time for a quick update - The last few days have been really hectic. My "day job" is working finance in the auto industry, and the end of the month is crazy, thus the lack of posts.

Saturday was a rainy mess here, so I took the time to dial in an Axiom EP-800 subwoofer with the Legacy's and M100's. After playing around, a crossover of 60 Hz was set for both speakers.

The effect is remarkable - one thing I noticed about the EP-800 is how easy it is to integrate into a music system.

By removing the bass below 60 Hz (and keeping in mind, this crossover means both the subwoofer and speakers are down 3 dB at 60 Hz, with a 12 dB per octave roll off - not a brick wall) from the main speakers and the amp section of the Marantz, the improvement in soundstage is noticeable, as is detail in every respect.

The bass quality in the EP-800 is the best I have heard, and this includes some very fine subwoofer systems from JL Audio, Velodyne and a host of ID companies, including our own. There will be more on this later, as more listening is done.

For now - either the Legacy's (and I am sure Bill's subwoofers would have a similar effect) or the Axiom's combined with the EP-800 enter into "super speaker" territory in terms of delivering the goods.