Guys - below is the latest update on Home Theater Shack ..

Axiom M100 notes:

Legacy Audio Test Disc:

The first cut on this disc is from a singer with whom I was previously unaware. Her name is Amanda Rubarth, and the song is called Novocaine. It is a remarkable disc of her, her guitar, some violin, and subtle effects of footfalls, percussion on the guitar ... it is a tremendous disc. Amanda's voice is haunting (and this song has me ordering a couple of her CD's). My daughter, who has been in the performing arts for several years, including two years of opera training, stopped by the listening room, and she was quite impressed by both the song, and how good the speakers are.

Her words: "Dad, you have had a lot of great sounding speakers, but with these, she sounds like she is here".

The rest of the disc is also a treasure of deep bass funk, jazz and classical music, and the M100's made me want to listen to this disc several times, which I have. BUT ... keeping in mind this is a long term test, it was time for more music.

Pink Floyd's The Wall

As good as the Martin Logan ESL Hybrids and the Axiom M50's were on "The Wall", the M100's take this disc to a new level. The most remarkable aspect of the performance on The Wall was how well the M100's bring out all the subtle sonic cues from the background. I have heard this disc over a thousand times, and have never tired of it. There were voices in the background that I had never heard before (a side note on this ... the Legacy Signature SE's are in the bullpen, and I am looking forward to hearing what they do with The Wall).

Bass is close to subwoofer ... and I mean LARGE subwoofer .. .deep. A subwoofer will add to the M100's, but as a full range speaker, they dig out the low stuff, with lots of slam. The Helicopter scene is "scary putting a smile on your face" good. The macrodynamic ability of the M100's is well beyond what one would expect, especially in a $2660 per pair speaker that can also delineate the subtle notes so well.