Guys ... posted this on Home Theater Shack tonight:

The M50's arrived two days ago (along with the M100's, but as promised, the M50's are first up). They have about 20 hours on them, and tonight is the first round with Diana Krall. The M50's are a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a let down after 6 weeks of listening to the Martin Logans, and they are anything but a let down.

Krall's voice is as seductive as ever, the stand up bass clear, guitar work sounds wonderful, and even the light cymbal work by the drummer is coming through naturally. Where most speakers in the $1000 range are lacking is dynamics, but the M50's will easily play louder, without strain, that I will ever want to listen. On the flip side, they also get "quiet" in the way a much more expensive speaker would. I can't say the M50's are "better" than the Martin Logans - but they are making for a similar experience on the Krall disc.

Neither the Martin Logans nor the M50's deliver subwoofer bass, but both do 40 Hz well, and both a comparably tight and musical. It is only the first night of serious listening, but so far, these are some very fine speakers.