Good morning, guys ... a long overdue update is in order. The last few weeks have been busy ones. A mini vacation (lots of golf), a start up of a new company owned by my financial services company, getting an 18 year old ready to go away to university ... and some changes to the system.

The switcher is installed, and works REALLY well. Being able to do instant AB switches is so important to comparing two speakers that nothing else comes close. Of course, this does not mean people should not try - it's just much more involving with level matched, blind AB tests.

There will be a long write up of all the speakers here sometime in October - just in time for the winter season (and also when I have the time to put this all together).

For now ... All four speakers are incredibly good, and also fantastic values.

The Axiom amp (ADA-1000-5) is now in the system - four channels being used off the switcher. The Axiom amp is a big step up from the Marantz receiver. I was not expecting this to happen, but each speaker is "better" with the amp. I may even add a 1500 to the system this fall for these types of tests.

As we slowly head into "indoor season", look for some AB testing between quite a few affordable speakers. I have a pair of Ascend 340's already, and will be looking to add more speakers to the mix.

Also look for a test between an affordable bookshelf speaker with a budget subwoofer against a pair of more expensive towers.

Hopefully we can get some pics of all this in the near future.

Billy p - a long overdue thank you for a very nice post. smile