Great post craig. Good to have you here:

I've often heard that these types of speakers are wonderful; however, I don't think that I'd want a speaker system that requires my head to be clamped in a vice to keep a coherent sound stage. When I listen or watch movies, I start sitting in the MLP, but often I end up horizontal as well & in different directions. I find that my conventional Axiom speakers don't really vary with all of my contortions. I think that I would find trying to stay rigidly in one place to enjoy the best sound would be fatiguing & probably annoying.

I've always found that the Axiom crew & customers are generally a class act & rarely ever mean-mouth any other brand. Couth & decorum is definitely lacking in many areas of this pastime that is exacerbated by the anonymity of the net.

As far as the results of blind testing, if I am the only one out of five testers that likes Speaker C the best, it doesn't matter to me that the other four preferred Speaker A. Subjectively, I still preferred Speaker C. So to me this type of 'scoring' (which then morphs into the ubiquitous 'shootout') is meaningless; however, I can see why it is done, largely for consumption by the herd. In the grand scheme of things, sales of Speaker A would probably benefit...

TAM