The problem here is that to end this pandemic (slow/end this virus and it’s mutations) the majority of the world needs to either be vaccinated or have had a bout or two of Covid.

The later has some issues:
— 1) you’re much more likely to get serious ill or die from it. (Vaccinated may still get it but most likely not seriously.)
— 2) #1 then causes the health care system to get over whelm with Covid patients. I.e. our hospital would not be over whelmed if more people were vaccinated.
— 3) from #2 hospitals now don’t have the resources to handle other patients who really need the care.
— 4) the unvaccinated provide themselves as hosts … keeping it around longer and giving it Time and place to mutate and spread.

So, you’re “individual” choice effects more then you.

If the decision to vaccinate only effected you I’d be all for advising and not pushing people to vaccinate.
One more point. Although I’m not a bio guy, I’ve been assured by people I trust, who are, that these vaccines are very safe. I can say that everyone I know (at least in my circle) has vaccinated and no one has melted … no one. And knowing the experiences of people that have gotten covid before the vaccine and after … that the vaccines work extremely well.