Hello everyone,

Before I call Lonnie at Emotiva tomorrow, I thought I'd get some feedback from other big dog owners.

I've had my mps-1 chassis with 2 epm300 mono's for a few months now and have been very happy. I am driving new Axiom m80v2's (stable 4 ohm) which should not be a problem for the mps-1. I am also using my Denon 2805 as a prepro to the mps-1.

Tonight while my wife was gone I had things cranked up pretty loud, reading about 100-106dB's on the SPL meter from 13ft away. I was listening to a little Doobie Brothers Greatest hits and slowly pushed the Denon volume knob to 0, then + 5, then +10.....then.....+13dB (which was max for the Denon with the left/right calibrated at +5dB to achieve 75dB SPL). Anyway, the MPS-1 went into shutdown mode and I could hear the fans running.

I then turned it back on and was playing the Beatles LOVE CD at around +5dB on the Denon master volume, first the left amp shut down, shortly followed by the right amp on the mps-1. Basically, the blue lights turn off.

So what is going on? I've heard the Axiom m80's will shut down some AVR's, but the mps-1 is stable to 2ohms according to the manual. Is it my Denon? I figured that being a prepro, it is just passing the signal to the mps-1 to amp, so there should be no strain on the Denon?

I read the review by Gene at Audioholics, talking about pushing this mps-1 to unbelievable limits with no problems. Any input would be appreciated.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85