Ok, I did some testing just now, thanks to Wid for giving me the idea. I hooked up my rear Qs8's to my amp. They are rated at 400 watts also, so what the heck. Now I know they are 6 ohm, versus the 4ohm 80's. But this might help to tell us what is going on if anything.

Also, just for safety, I turned my crossover to 100hz, since the Q's were now hooked to the left/right channels and would be really tested.

I used the song "Take it on the Run" by REO. With the Qs8's, I gradually turned up the volume from 0, to +3, to +6, to +10. Even though they are rated at 400watts, I was a little worried, so I didn't go beyond +10, however, I did leave it at +10 for a couple of minutes. Everything was fine and neither monoblock turned off.

So then I rehooked up my 80's and started the same song over. At 0, everything was fine and the sound was killer. then I turned it to +3 for a minute still ok, then +4 BAMMMMMMM as soon as the kick drum and bass guitar kicked in during a dramatic part of the song when they say "Take it on the run baby", the left main shut down. If I would have let it go, eventually the right amp would have shut down also, but I just turned everything off and was pissed.

So, I will call Emotiva tomorrow and tell them my findings.

Thanks for listening, no pun intended...

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85