Quote:

Thanks guys. Based on Gene's review at audioholics, he ran the MPS-1 at 120+ dB's for hours at a party he had for his columbian friends, and the MPS-1 didn't make a sweat. I really can't believe I'm overdriving it Rick?

The amp is in the lowest shelf of my AV rack with plenty of breathing room on top and back. The basement stays pretty cool year around.

I will recheck the wiring, but find that hard to believe as I'm very picky on my connections, but one should never assume.

Normally, I don't play music this loud, somewhere in the 90's is more than fine. With the efficiency of the 80's, it does not take much.

Also, keep in mind my room is 8100 Cubic Feet, so I have a lot of air to fill. From the primary movie seat I was fluctuating from 98-105 or so dB's during different passages of the music when having it really cranked up.

I just read this review since i thought 120db + seemed a bit excessive. Ive had my system going at 105db and that was LOUD, Louder than I would ever listen. I cant imagine anyone playing music at 120+db, And unless he was using some sort of club speakers even hitting those levels would be hard.

He actually said that the amp shutdown a few times during the course of the night at those levels.

Quote:

I estimated they were hitting SPL levels in excess of 120dB - at least until the MPS-1 went into protection mode and shut down. This happened a few times during the course of the evening and I was curious as to why, since I heard no signs of distress from the amp, even at these insane levels.