The two modules I received Friday, with the Bias adjusted from Lonnie, are doing the same thing. Now, these were sent out prior to Dan Laufman's statements about looking into this issue. I will contact them on Monday to let them know the replacement amps are doing the same thing.

I wish I could find more people with 4 ohm speakers and the MPS-1, and ear plugs, willing to test my theory. So far the people I've talked to on AV123 and AVSforum all are using 4 ohm speakers.

Based on my own math calculations (A:) and using the above SPL Calculator(B:), here are my guesses:

A: With my SPL meter placed at 1 meter in front of either speaker and the Main Volume knob on the Denon at +3 I'm getting readings of an average of 110dB's on the meter. This is using C-Weighting and "fast" so I can really see the peaks when they happen.

This would be using about 32 watts to achieve 110dB's. During dynamic parts of the music, the needle would "occasionally" jump up to 115-116dB's, but only briefly. I'm thinking this would be using around 128 watts to achieve. So I'm not even close to a steady 300 watts reading..

B) From the 12ft seated position, figuring in 2 speakers, and figuring in 2-4ft from walls, I figure I'm using about 10Watts to achieve the 100dB's average reading. With peaks of around 106dBs, it would be around 45watts.

From 3ft away I would only be using 8 watts to achieve 110dB's and 32 watts to see the higher peeks.

Again, nowhere near the 300 watts it would require to shut this thing down.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85