Quote:

Looks like there is another user on AV123 with Maggies 4ohm speakers that is having the same issue with his mps1 watching movies. So it is not just me and my 80's.

Retraction by Maggie user:

Quote:

My apologies to Dan, Lonnie, Emotiva and all regarding the shut down of my particular MPS-1. After some "extensive" switching around of equipment this afternoon, I believe I have discovered the culprit (in my situation) that is causing the shut down. As I mentioned earlier, I'm using all Maggies in a 7.3 HT. Looking at the Yammy OSD to balance all the outputs rather than the RS meter, for the first time I noticed I had to use unusually more gain to the center channel speaker amp powering the Maggie CC3 than to any of the other speakers. You guessed it. The Maggie CC3 (though less than a year old)is defective and pushed the gain into overload at the amp. Duh! Sorry guys. Funny how we are ready to blame electronics rather than speakers for problems. Hope this has been of some help and, again, my apologies. I'm so glad I discovered this because I truly love the sound and convenience of the MPS-1 and would not want to part with it.