I was going to pass up this opportunity to keep my mouth shut, but I want to provide one balance point to what Robb said.

I like this thread, too. I learned (and re-learned) a lot.

As a consequence of the superior customer service Emotiva provided Randy, my ownership of M60's and several other factors, I am considering Emotiva products more than ever.

Now, I don't want in any way to discount my friend Randy's experience. I can't imagine how disappointed he must be. At the same time, I'll echo Peter's observation that Randy's SPL needs in his environment seem to be simply beyond what the product is designed to do. As to the Denon seemingly not having the same problem, I'm not sure there is a way - in this instance - to measure the THD, but I'd wager that the Denon keeps running (and distorting) when the Emo shuts down gracefully.

I want to support and encourage Emotiva's participation in public forums. My opinion (as a prospective rather than current client) remains that their products deliver a decent performance/value ratio and that their hands-on approach will continue to yield even more impressive results.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem