Quote:

I'm sorry I even started this thread.

As an Emotiva owner myself, I think this is a great thread. You're having a problem, and we're all working through it. Seeing Dan logged in here is rather interesting. Damage control on the one side, but also nice that he's taking an interest. Right in line with the couple of email/forum discussions I've had with he and Lonnie. Customer service that's on par with Axiom, and that's high praise.

Sirquack, what you ought to do is purchase a different amp of similar rating that has a full money back return policy. Like an Outlaw 7200 or 7500. Obviously this requires some financial outlay (it's so easy to spend other people's money!), but you would certainly return one or the other at the end of the test.

Run it at the same level as the MPS-1 and see if you get any shutdown problems. If you do, well, then we'll all learn that it truly isn't an amp problem, but just the size of the room and the volume you are trying to drive. Simple physics. If you don't have shutdown problems, then we all learn that Outlaw (or whatever) > Emotiva, that not all amps are created equally, and that 200w != 200w. There's no better time to evaluate equipment than when you have a known, reproducable flaw. We can argue until the cows come home about sound quality or watts produced, but direct evidence that one amp can push out more power for longer periods of time than the other, or that both shutdown at about the same volume is pretty cut-and-dry.

The point is, it's now mostly conclusive that there's nothing wrong with your MPS-1, and that the MPS-1 in general doesn't have a problem (according to Emotiva). You are still having shutdown problems. Therefore, the MPS-1 doesn't meet your needs. Hard to believe that such a monster amp system wouldn't be enough for anyone, but there it is. I'm not an electical engineer, so I still find it hard to understand why your Denon AVR doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Maybe just send it back and save your money for the Axiom Uber-amp.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office