Quote:

I'm going to pick up a piezzo tweeter from Radio Shack to run the test Lonnie told me about. This will tell me when my Denon starts to clip.

Randy, If you want to run a distortion test on the Denon, then you will need run a low frequency sine wave through the system like 60-80hz. Set your Denon so that it is in PLIIx mode so all speakers are playing. Connect the piezo in parellel with one of you main speakers. I would recommend that you run a long speaker wire so that you will be farther away from the actual main speaker and can hear the tweeter better. Bring up the volume until you hear a buzzing in the tweeter. Listen carefully (like have the tweeter near your ear) and as soon as you hear anything from the tweeter, you are hearing the distortion from the amp and note the location of the volume control. This is how loud you can turn it up without distortion going to your speakers. You will probably be able to turn up the volume a lot more, but you will also notice as you turn up the volume the noise in the tweeter will also increase which means more distortion to your speakers.

I just thought that if you are going to give it a shot, I would give you a quick run down of the proper way.

BTW. I am out of the office right now, but will either call or email you later today.