Originally Posted By: Zimm
I heard that a lot, but the switching never bothered me. I was too fixed on the visual impact of the Imax scenes. I never noticed the halos, but I have not done a critical viewing in some time. I may go back and look for that.

If you recall, Dean and I are freaks who can't not see our own legs when watching a movie.

Don't go back and look, and just forgot I said anything. Ignorance is bliss. \:\) That said, since I do a lot of photo processing, and part of the process is to apply a little sharpening to attempt to provide the illusion of recovering the detail lost of the low-pass, anti-aliasing filter in front of the camera's optical sensor. I know very well what an over-sharp picture looks like, and see it all too often in films. It was one thing to sharpen DVDs, but with Blu-ray so much actual detail can be retained, artificial enhancements actually obscure the real information.

Oh, the 70th Anniversary Edition of The Wizard of Oz. I figured I wouldn't watch that film again until I had my own children. But reading about all the technical work done on the restoration made me have to buy it. Not disappointed at all. It actually has more detail than some of the recent (lower budget) movies I've seen.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris