Finally discovering the joys of painting. Just finished painting the living room ceiling flat black. I thought it was going to look a little creepy but so far it looks nice and will probably look even better once the walls are painted burgundy.

I learned another lesson in why good cable management is important. As I was pulling one of the big monster chaise lounges back into place I heard a thump. Wasn’t to loud so I thought I must have pulled over the M22 center. However, when I looked up I saw that the Samsung DLP had done a face plant right off it’s stand.

Got it hooked back up and assessed the damage. The VGA connector screws were broken off but the port still works. HDMI 1 input is now INOP, however, HDMI 2 which wasn’t hooked up at the time is still working. Doesn’t seem to have done any damage to the PQ.

I’m both baffled and relieved that it fell forward. The wires obviously were hooked up in back but somehow it went over the front of the stand. Lucky for me since behind was tile and in front was carpet. It also seems to have fallen perfectly flat on it’s face. Like I mentioned it hardly made a sound. I’m pretty sure had it hit at an angle something would have been twisted out of alignment.

Well as soon as I finish painting and get the curtains installed I’ll run the cables properly.

Last edited by grunt; 10/26/09 04:10 AM. Reason: Dyslexia

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1