I finally got off my lazy butt and hung my surround and rear speakers. The rears are actually mounted on a shelf (metal grill so it doesn’t block the bottom midrange). This makes them fully adjustable for both height and width, though from previous experiments I’ve already got the location pretty much dialed in.

The surrounds are hanging from the ceiling now rather than sitting on the Axiom stands on top of boxes (and they still weren’t high enough). I just mounted an angle bracket with holes in it along the ceiling and hung the speakers using lengths of small chain. Unfortunately Lowe’s doesn’t carry the black chain I was going to use anymore so I had to get brass which I will either paint or probably replace with black chain when I find some. These are also fully adjustable for height and front to back placement. I’ve already got them where I want for one row of seating but since the rails that they hang from are pretty long I can move them forward if I ever drag my futon out to add another row from time-to-time. Now I just need some black speaker wire since the clear stuff sticks out like a sore thumb.

It’s nice to finally get those speakers up to the height I’ve always wanted them. The rear soundstage now sounds the best it ever has in this room. And there’s no more chance of accidentally knocking over one of the stands anymore.

Along with that I added another shelf for the AE7000 which arrived about a week ago. I’m still waiting on the glasses before firing it up so I don’t end up putting to many hours on it that I can’t return it if I don’t think it’s a big enough improvement. It looks kind of cool with two projectors sitting on the back wall.

I also finally ordered the new black carpet for the front of the room. The living room carpet was too new to replace so I just ordered a piece of really dark very non-reflective stuff and am having it cut to size and bound to just through up front to replace the marine grade crap I’m still using from my apartment.

Now all I have to do is order a couple wall brackets to mount my M2 wide speakers and that will finish all the speaker stuff. Hopefully I will then finally paint the trim on the door and the rest of the room.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1