Thanks for mentioning that. I should find out now if it’s going to crap out on me while I’m still in the 30 day return window.

I’ve been playing “loud” Psychedelic Trance (deep rapid bass beat) for two hours at 100dB average. First half hour was in 7.1 then switched over to “pure audio” seems to be Onkyo’s version of “pure direct” so only the L/R M80s are working. FYI my M80s are 11.5’ from my listening position.

The amp section of the receiver is very warm but no hotter than the Denon 2807 would get playing around 85dB. I’m describing “very warm” as I can feel the heat but can hold my hand on it w/o a second thought.

When I first bumped up the volume I set it to where my ears told me I usually played the Denon. I checked the SPL meter and it was 8dB higher. Scary thing is I could really listen to the M80s at 100dBs now because it doesn’t feel uncomfortable. Thing I really like about the M80s is unlike many other speakers I’ve heard which tend to have the high frequencies lag at higher volumes the highs on the M80s sound just the same when I turn them up.

Note my equipment rack it just an open storage rack in a den. The room is closed but the air is being exchanged with outside air via a dual fan. I’ve turned off the fan I usually have blowing on my equipment rack for this test.

I’ll have to read the manual more closely but apparently this has more than one amp which if I’m not using some combination of outputs I can bridge with the front L/R for more power. Not sure that’s necessary and then I’d have to use double hearing protection.

So how long playing just the M80s is a good test, I’d like to take my ear-defenders off now.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1