I finally got a swing out wall mount for my TV so I don’t have to drag it out of the room for dedicated movie watching and gaming. Now I can just push it up against the wall and pull the curtain over it. I had the curtains made with a break at that point just so I could do something like this. Nice thing is it’s mounted high enough that the R/H wide can fire under it so I can use it just for casual listening w/o moving the TV.

A while ago I moved the M22s off the back wall and put them back up in the wide position putting the VP150 on the back wall as a single rear speaker again. If realized now that I was being to harsh of what the wide speakers were getting wrong and not realizing what they were doing right. After much more extensive listening I am sure that at least in my room wide speakers are way better than either height or rear speakers for most things. There are still a couple of things they get wrong like mirroring the output of the corresponding main in some games making the combined channels way to loud. They also screw up the front soundstage for well recorded 2ch music but I thought that PLII and PLIIx already did that.

Here’s a couple pictures of what it looks like with the screen is mounted. Sorry the first is blurry but I was to lazy to use Sean’s tripod for taking the picture. I still have to upgrade the carpet (I’m so lazy) but since I cant the non-black areas from my seats I haven’t cared.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1