Originally Posted By: ClubNeon

Actually, that's why you need to re-run the calibration. Audyssey DSX can create either height or wide, but only the one which was set up when it was run. (At least that's what I gathered from the review of some Onkyo receiver with Audyssey DSX.)

I see you were talking only about Audyssey DSX and not the height and wide channels in general. I concur that there was no way to access the DSX height channels when the wide channels were hooked up. However, PLIIz does still work to provide height channels even when the wides are their. Changing between PLIIz height and DSX wide is a simple matter of cycling between listening modes. You just have to choose Neo 6 and not PLIIx as your surround mode.

Well I imagine if I get ambitious I will hook up just the height speakers to see if I can compare PLIIz and DSX height channels. Not sure how much difference their could be but I am noticing some differences bewteen PLIIx and Neo 6 in how they handle the back speakers.

Sucks you can’t choose to opt out of the back channels in favor of he heights. With the QS8s I would gladly give up the back channels in favor of the heights base on what I’ve heard so far. Having a pair of QS8s up front and high is much more enveloping on ambient sounds than having them anywhere in the back, at least in my setup. And if running the wide channels it makes it easier to push the surrounds back farther while till keeping the side soundstages seamless.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1