Originally Posted By: grunt
That is very interesting. I’ll have to check out some more sports broadcasts and see if I notice the same thing. BTW I’ve never seen any pixilation yet on any source with this AE4000.

AE4000? I could probably google it when I get home. Hockey - I don't normally watch it on TV but I think that it is running on Vs. I'll check it out. I do like watching the Tour de France on Vs. - the pixelization that I see there is I think the satellite feeds breaking up on those motorcycle cams they use. I spent a lot of time over at AVS before I bought the Sony. The thing about that group over there is that they can scare you off of buying any product if you succumb to the sensationalism that goes on. There was "flashlighting", "clouding", "black crush", "ghosting" and I can't even remember all the issues. In the end I spent a lot of time on showroom floors and just followed my instincts. So I do have "flashlighting" and "clouding" but you only notice it on blank or grey screens - no biggie. I did actually see "Black Crush" the other day in a Denzel Washington movie. It made up about 10 seconds of a 2 hour movie - no biggie. I have seen ghosting - usually lasts 5 or 10 seconds in dark scenes - again no biggie. SO....98.5% of the time, I am totally blown away by the HD picture.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill