Originally Posted By: richeydog

Would it be too much to ask for pics of the room after you've painted the walls and installed your screen/equipment? I like looking at the before and after process. Pretty please with sugar on top?

No problem. The before pictures are in the first post of this thread. So far my lazy backside hasn’t accomplished much. Installed custom blackout blinds and window tinting which knocked down about 95% of the light. I’m hoping the 360 degree blackout curtains take care of the rest if not I’ll make spot corrections. Swapped the 2’ drop rod for a 1’ drop rod for the ceiling fan and painted the ceiling from 8’ up flat black.

I just emailed Dazian the specs for my curtains from work and will call Joan (she and Betty have been great to work with) for a final quote tomorrow.

Things left to do (damm I‘ve been lazy).

Paint the walls and trim
Assemble and hang the screen
Mount the curtain rods and hang the curtains when I get them.
Search and destroy any light source that dare enter the room
Run the wires (will go behind the curtain rods so no need to crawl in the attic)
Find optimal projector placement and image size
Make appropriate masking for 1.78 image size if needed and for 1.33 and 2.35
Reprogram remote for new equipment
Replace carpet after determining how dark is needed to prevent reflected light.
Install telescope flocking on front of ceiling if any light reflects from black paint
Install telescope flocking on M80s if any light reflects from them.
Take a week off work
Don ninja suit
Play “Bioshock” for the first time (only owned it two years waiting for this)
Watch all of “Battle Star Galactica” (have only seen the first season and a half)

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1