Thanks Tom that’s a good call. And no I haven’t reprogrammed my Harmony remote yet as I was waiting for the last piece of new equipment the HDTV so I didn’t have to do it more than once. I will look to see if there are discrete codes and program it to jump right to my favorite mode if it does.

Brian, for movies I’m still on the fence about which mode I like best. 5.1 sources don’t allow Dolby PLIIx or PLIIz and Audyssey DSX to work together so if I want to use Audyssey and get the back channels I have to use Neo:6, but or just get the height channel by using PLIIz w/o Audyssey DSX. I’ve always preferred the Dolby in the past but with a single back speaker like I have not I actually prefer Neo:6.

I still however prefer direct or pure direct for well mastered studio recordings. They just don’t sound as “real” when PLIIx is pulling out the ambient sounds and routing them to the surround and back speakers. Though I do use it more than I use to for some ambient music.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1