The brand name is KUL which the guy a Lowe’s told was just a renaming of the brand they carried last year, I believe it was Danby but don’t quote me on that. It’s 8500 btu which is a little more than I need for that room but it gives me the option of wheeling it to the kitchen when I’m doing my weekly cooking which usually also puts an added strain on my central air because of the heat generated in just that area.

Interestingly I found that the HT curtains greatly restrict the heat transfer from my kitchen to the rest of the house so I will see how using it in there works out on occasion.

There weren’t many local options available and since I also get a 10% military discount from Lowe’s I figured what the hell because I was sick of reading reviews which were pretty much all over the place even for the best rated models. Plus if it doesn’t work out I can have 90 days to just take it back to Lowe’s and get something else.

I haven’t played around with it much just set it up and got it running to make sure it worked. Seems to be doing an excellent job so far.

I would have preferred a small window unit since I don’t really see moving this thing around much but the cons outweighed the pros for me.

My biggest worry was tripping a breaker since I haven’t mapped out the circuits in that area. But I maxed everything out and it seemed fine. At some point I’m going to have to get some rewiring done to accommodate some amps but that’s for later.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1