Nothing is ever easy. I'm using my system a little bit right now, but it took all day to get to this point, and it's not complete. I don't have the rear surrounds hooked up, only one EP800 (since the amplifier on the other one I hooked up seems to have decided to go kaput after being relocated), no Buttkicker(s), and the cables are not even close to being organized and in their final resting places. Only the surround speakers have the speaker wires run properly. The 100 feet of speaker wire from Blue Jeans went too quickly, so I'll have to order more or just pick up a spool locally.

Oh, and the TV mounting bracket wasn't sufficient. It was rated for more weight than this TV, but there must have been some fudging. It was going to warp the metal if we let it. It wasn't the greatest bracket to begin with. The level that was built into it was crooked on the mount itself, so the helpful feature made things more difficult. In any case, I know better than to skimp and get an off-brand now. Hopefully we can pick up a better one tomorrow.

For the right surround, we built this box out of melamine shelf boards:

We made that to rest on the ledge so it would be closer to the height of the left surround, which is more appropriately mounted to the wall. Even though the QS8 hangs out over the edge to give the bottom-firing driver clearance, it doesn't pull the box over. Still, just to be safe, I put my kettle bell in there for now, until I get something else to weigh it down. I'll take another picture of it actually in use tomorrow.

In other news, my dad was able to make the trim pieces to go between the range vent hood and the ceiling out of the bamboo toe kicks for the kitchen cabinets we decided not to use.

I have to go running with one friend tomorrow, then to dinner with another, but otherwise I'll be doing what I can in the basement again. Hopefully tomorrow will consist of less of me having to do things over because I did them wrong the first time. It happened a lot today and yesterday.