Question though... I understand that room correction software can help with frequency response and potentially reduce requirement for things like bass trapping and blowing out one of Mark's living room walls to make it non-square, but is it sufficiently sophisticated these days to deal with things like overly reflective rooms ?

Not asking about whether it is possible to model & cancel reflected energy (I know that can be done) but aren't you going to need more than two speakers to do that well enough to fix things at a specific listening position ?

Or is the idea that "you can fix anything at the point where the mic was placed (hopefully the listening position) even if you can't fix it everywhere" ?

Reason I'm asking is that most of the treatment-tweaking I do is to fix/improve more nuanced things than frequency response. I guess imaging/soundstage is the closest term I can think of... not just "are sounds placed correctly" but "does the position seem sufficiently precise", "does one side of the soundstage seem more clear than the other" etc...

These things bother me more than frequency response, which may be odd or may be normal, not sure smile

Quote:
1 registered (bridgman), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.

Maybe the spiders scared the registered users away ? Some people are funny about spiders, especially after a lifetime of Spiderman comics & movies.

Last edited by bridgman; 09/18/16 05:48 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8