A few updates. I took it easy this weekend, just did some light caulking and spackling touch ups in the basement. I did visit a few flooring stores, I have an installer coming Saturday to take a look and give me my options. The floor is sloped, but it's not terribly wavy. I want to go with vinyl plank. I'll see what he says.

With paint on the walls, I did run a quick screen test with a cheap portable projector I had. Looks like 92" is the biggest I can fit. Any bigger and the front speakers are going to be too close to the corners. I am probably going to go with this screen. Not totally sold yet, but I like the cost/quality ratio. I am also thinking about curved and gray screens. Although, I have total light control, so gray is probably unnecessary. I need to do more research. Here are a few pictures of the screen size...

I know it looks small, but the movie (Mad Max) is 2.35:1, so it's not even close to filling the 16:9 area of the projector. Which is fine, I watch a lot of TV and play a lot of video games too. So I have no desire to go to an anamorphic system, at least not anytime soon.

Also, since my old living room thread is filled with broken links (really wish we can edit old posts), I figured I would post some pictures of my other axiom setups.

Here is my living room. It includes M60 fronts, VP150 center, EP600 and 3 QS8s. I know its probably overkill for the room size, especially the sub, but I like how the sub size roughly matches the media cabinet...lol. The couch is also on a small riser with two buttkicker LFEs

My bedroom also contains my original foray into axiom speakers that were originally setup when I still lived with my parents back in college! It includes M3Ti fronts, VP100 center, SVS sub and 3 QS4s. Needless, to say I have been an axiom fan ever since.

Last edited by mikecoscia; 01/22/17 07:50 PM.