Originally Posted By chesseroo
I'm curious as to why you didn't wall mount the M3s rather than use stands.
Would help to curtail the floor cabling situation and should be easy to do if you have a drop ceiling in the room.
Less chance of knocking them over upon room entry.

Nice room though. I wish our drop ceiling had been put in with perfectly vertical wires. The contractors never used cross braces for the locations in which a joist wasn't available so trying to lift out a ceiling panel is a real bitch.

I would have, but the right wall is open, so there is no place to mount a side surround in that location. Mounting them to the ceiling was out of the question, as there would be very little separation between them and the height channels. Not to mention Atmos recommends sides and rears at ear level.

I solved the wire situation, as the right surround runs under the couch and to a jack on the left wall along with the left surround. Nothing will be visible once I tidy the room. I was also thinking about hanging a black curtain under the beam to close of the theater when watching movies. I haven't decided yet, but it will help to hide the speaker. At the end of the day, it doesn't really bother me. Just another piece of furniture in the room, no different from my fronts and sub...lol.