Quote:

Bhull,

From your description, there is a possibility that your VP150 is faulty. Among the things that can happen (rarely) in shipping are dislodged push-on speaker connectors inside the enclosure. If it were the latter, the driver(s) would either work or not, and you could easily check by removing each driver from the front baffle and ensuring that the connectors are secure. Once in a while the crossover board may develop a crack from blows during shipping and that might lead to intermittent operation of some of the drivers. It's really rare, but it has happened.

There have been reports of channel failures and shutdowns of Emotiva amps on these boards and elsewhere, and I have one acknowledgment from a professional engineer and reviewer that the Emotiva amps have had "issues" with channel failures in the past.

If you return the VP150 (arrange that with JC), we can do a forensic examination at our lab and determine if there was an inherent problem with the drivers and/or crossover.

I really regret you've experienced this with your first home theater system and I assure you Axiom will set things right at no cost to you.

Regards,

Alan, again thank you for chiming in.

I just had to walk away from it for a day. I am not going to return everything and listen to movies through my 10 year old Aiwa bookshelf system again...the M80s already spoiled me in the short time I was able to listen to them

I got off the phone with Lonnie from Emo a little bit ago. He assured me that even a dead short on the speaker output terminals should not have killed an LPA-1. He thinks some component inside was defective. They are shipping a new amp out tommarow and emailing me a shipping label for the old one. So hats off on them living up to their customer service reputation.

After finishing this reply I will call JC and get a new center channel shipped.

I actually just now got off the phone with a buddy talking about this whole situation. Looking at this with fresh eyes I think the shipping company is what really did a number on my gear. The EMO boxes by coincidence showed up on the same day as the speakers on the same truck. And what do we have, 7 boxes arrived, 1 M80 box had a good size hole in the side of it, but that speaker had no obvious damage, the other M80 had no obvious damage on the box, but the corner of the cabinet looked like someone dropped the thing from several feet up, the VP150 is defective from what might have been rough handling in shipping, and the LPA-1 blew up. Hmmm, 7 boxes from 2 different companies....all arriving on the same truck....yeah I think I can attribute all this to mishandling and it is unfortunate that Axiom and Emo will have to take a hit on shipping costs and warranty replacement because some careless worker threw my stuff around....I am being a little speculative here, but it just seems to be too much of a coincidence.

In any case, both companies have been SUPER cool in dealing with all this...and I think they have earned a customer for life...you know most places want you to sent a product back first and they have to have it in hand before sending you a new one...Emo and Axiom don't do this...There is another M80 in the mail right now, an LPA will be in the mail tommarow and if Axiom performs again like they did with the M80, there should be another VP150 in the mail within 24 hours.