Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
I figured it was a reference to Good Will Hunting, it's just been a while since I've seen the film, and maybe the character didn't make as large of an impression on me. \:D

Lol, well it certainly did on me!

Funny story, growing up I was always really good at math until I hit high school. By the time I took geometry I was way more interested in looking at the girls in class than paying attention to the teacher. That combined with my pitiful excuse for a memory really doomed my mathematical future. All those damn formula's we were expected to remember.... pffffffft, forget it, I could never remember the difference between the FOIL method and a stinking logorithm. From then on I concentrated on things like creative writing, art, and even history (hated history with a passion up till high school, then I got into a history class with a teacher named Mr. Pendley, he changed the way I looked at history. He made it so much fun to learn history that I couldn't get enough of it, even bought history books to study on my own time... a great teacher has the ability to completely change a students outlook).

Then I went and saw 'Good Will Hunting'.... good God I was soooo fired up after seeing that movie I wanted to be a math whiz too! So I immediately enrolled in like 3 math courses down at I.U. East. I was so determined to become good at math it wasn't even funny. The head of steam I'd built up carried me about 3 weeks into the semester... at which time I had become so bored I realized that it truely takes a different mind than the one I have to be interested in math. I couldn't do it, it just wasn't me. Math just isn't my bag of weed I guess.

I still do admire those who are really good at math though. We're all just wired differently I guess. I have an artistic mind. I was one of the top three or four art students in my high school. And I can remember many of my drawings hanging up in the display cases while other students and even other artists asking me, "how did you do that"???

And yes it really is like Matt Damon discribes it in 'Good Will Hunting', when it came to art I didn't even have to try very hard, I just put my pencil on the paper and it came out. It was easy. If it weren't for my being color blind I definately would have pursued a profession in the art world somewhere, because then I wouldn't have had to work for a living, it was way too easy to be considered work. And I guess for those who have a mathematical mind, it's the same way... math just 'makes sense' to them.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD