Originally Posted By: pmbuko
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Exactly! It only acts to hurt current loyal owners if matching the equipment is important to them and they want to upgrade

I think Axiom made this change in response to feedback -- much of which probably came from the customer survey they conducted last year, from existing customers. Matching is a valid concern, though, and I have a feeling Axiom will be responsive to this and allow a choice of driver styles to those wishing to match existing speakers.

Originally Posted By: Dr.House
it also adds a level of misinformation as well as confusion to any new customers that are researching their products online which is their main form of marketing.

Here I completely disagree with you. How can Axiom changing a product's appearance be construed as misinformation? They are not in direct control of review sites. If a company is overly concerned about having their current line-up match existing information about their older products, then they'd never change a thing and would stagnate.

The wonderful thing about selling speakers online is that customers must come to your website to buy them (unless they're buying used from a 3d party). I'm sure Axiom will update its product pictures to reflect the new driver style once the other lines are updated to v3. (Notice that the VP180 does not yet have its own product page.) I'm also sure various audio sites will take note of the apparently controversial change.

Well of course they are not in control except for what they send out for review and their online advertisements. However, a small noticeable change such as this will conflict with a decade of internet marketing and when one does research the first hits bring up all older reviews. Its noticeable and it changes the look of the speaker and if there is no improvement on sound quality I can't rationalize the change since "looks" are ultimately subjective. A new consumer looking for speakers not familiar with Axiom how will they interpret pictures that conflict from their own research and that which is present on their website.

If these changes indeed happen and if they are in place, I personally think any advertisements they currently use like that beautiful picture of the dual EP500's, M80's and VP150 construe as false advertising.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne