Originally Posted By: HTGEEK
I am about to pull the trigger on a VP-180 along with picking up some one year old M80's. Since the new V3 M80'S just came out, should I be worried about the setup not having good balance? I thought about waiting for a little while longer and getting a new pair of M80's, but I would like the save about $500.00 going the used route.

Currently I have a VP-150 and a pair of M60's...

i chose to wait and picked up the VP180v3 with a pair of M80v3 towers and tonight i picked up a pair of QS8 surround speakers. this way i don't have to worry about anything. i've essentially got a 5 channel matched set. i would recommend, if possible, wait and save that extra money and get the matching v3 towers. do you notice how many folks in this forum are kicking themselves for purchasing v2 knowing that the v3 was going to be released. also notice how many folks are interested in trading up from their v2 line to the v3 line to take advantage of the new center and have it match their M towers.

i know it's not easy but i recommend you wait. i did and i'm really happy that i did!

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93