Well, I have not just "magically appeared" and though I've never met the man, am not a "friend," and have had no contact with him since May," I am very familiar with this particular gentleman's creations.

First and foremost, based on my limited experience with, and knowledge of, the man, he is a decent, honest guy. Also, IMHO, he is NOT a snake oil salesman. That doesn't mean you would like or appreciate what his alterations bring to the table, but it DOES mean he, though a little nuts ;\) , is the real deal and not a scam artist.

He has been making and supplying "upgraded" parts for many of AV123's speakers with great success. I have installed his reworked crossovers (or were those Danny Richie's? Regardless, they were not Ninja models) on my front and center speakers (Rockets) and, IMHO, there was a noticeable improvement. This result has piqued my interest in his ninja offerings for my speakers (regrettably, my pocketbook is currently un-pique-able \:\( ).

In the interest of fair disclosure, it should be noted that the Ninja is a former AV123 employee. I wish to emphasize the word "FORMER." He departed of his own volition, in order to foster his entrepreneurial bent by forming his Skiing Ninja company. I was only aware of the presence of this thread because I received several PMs, from long standing Axiom forum members, mentioning it.

Should Ian and/or Amie object to all or any of this, it is certainly within their right to remove this thread. Should they opt to do so, I would understand and support their decision. I only hope that such a decision would not be based on the erroneous belief that the Ninja is a scammer. He is not.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton