I'm giving the m5hp's about 120 to 140watts per side from my receiver and my initial thought on this is it's not enough. With that type of power the M22's got super loud. I'm experiencing more sibilance or harshness at louder volumes with the m5hp and i think it's because the watts I am giving them isn't enough. I need more testing time. I did not have the time I wanted to this weekend.

Originally Posted By flashtro
I'm not experiencing the needing 2x power to reach the same sound volumes levels (in perceptions as least) as the M22 but maybe Im just not using amps in that high of a range or playing at volume levels where that would be the case in my normal usage of playing music and movies it seems just about as loud as the M22's except when maxing the volume out .... the M22's sound perceptively louder but I think it may be mostly the added distortion/harshness that I'm hearing with the M22's at max that I don't hear as much of with the M5HP's at max. I'll need to test it with a SPL meter to see if that's the case or not. Also, I don't have a particularly powerful amp/receiver.

Last edited by spiroh; 04/10/17 06:52 PM.