Originally Posted By bridgman
Thanks Cam. Agree that the blue circles seem like the only good place for the speakers. With that separation though I would be thinking really hard about toeing them in a bit.

The in-wall speakers are fully enclosed so it should be possible to make an angled frame that sticks out from the wall a bit (maybe 1.5-2") on the outside edges, with a cutout for the speaker that would allow use of the existing clamps, but it seems like a lot of work when it would be easier to get the same result with on-wall speakers instead.

For on-wall you would just need to mount the power bracket on an angled block (30 seconds work with a miter saw) but you would want the blocks to be supported by a wall stud rather than wallboard. I *think* there would be studs available where you want them but not sure. There is always the old trick of using a thin piece of plywood to bridge between where you want to mount and where the stud is.

I guess the main downside of toed-in on-walls is that the outside edges of the speakers would end up almost 6" away from the wall, which would be OK on the left but which might interfere with access via one of the doors on the right hand side. I *think* it would be OK (in which case a floor or hinge-mounted door stop would be all you need) but not 100% sure.

Thanks again, dude. I thought the on-wall speakers were much thicker than the 4.75" stated on the product page. Your suggestion just might work. I'll do some measuring with a caregiver or my mom tonight or tomorrow, then report back to see what you think smile .

One thing I thought of is rather than having a door stop mounted as you suggested, would it be possible to hang the speaker on a thin piece of wood or metal that's hinged to the wall. That would allow for optimal toe-in adjustment, but then there's the weight of the speaker, and the chance of the door being opened before the speaker is put flush against the wall. Maybe Ian could comment on the hinged idea.

Cam

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.