Hi a-rone

I guess when you come to this forum your going to get biased answers. But you probably knew that already.

I have never heard any Rockets before, and I am sure they sound great. I don't think internet speaker companies can stay in business if they don't have outstanding products.

A couple of things. The M80's are 4 ohm where the 850's are 8 ohm. Depending on what you are going to use to drive them that may be a consideration. I personally like the 4 ohm as it sig. increased the wattage of the amplifer.

Axiom offers a 5 year waranty on there speakers, where the Rockets are only 3 years. This shows more of a comitment to Axiom's customers and confidence in their product.

I own the Boston Cherry vinyl, I have had them for almost 5 years and they still look great. I have a dedicated HT room so most of the time I spend in there is in the dark so, I am not as concered about finish as someone who will be putting their speakers in their living room. I have almost the opposite view on the finish of the Rockets, although the are very very nice, for me I don't want to pay extra for real wood. Why don't the offer vinyl at a lower price?

Just my thoughts

paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990