Originally Posted By: Worfzara
 Originally Posted By: BoB/335

I did check out Aperion and 1 other DI (i have to look back because the name escapes me) and considered trying the Aperion side by side. Aperion has free shipping both ways. I could just see my living room with 2 sets of everything.

Although Axiom has several great reviews, this forum is probably Axiom's best selling tool. How ironic that a certain competitor would consider shutting his down.

Bob

I have never heard of Aperion. Yes, I know, I live in a bubble. Anyways, I was on their website and they look pretty cool, their top speaker, 6t is less than half the price of the of the M80's. Reviews are very good on them.

What made you decide on Axiom over Aperion without hearing them?

paul

Check the price of Aperion again!

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/Intimus-6T-Tower-Speaker,110,28,255.aspx

I decided that I liked the idea of a dedicated midrange section. I know that most of what we hear and most of what musical instruments produce is in that range. I also know that that thinking is somewhat flawed as there are many great high end 2 way speakers out there. I do like the flair at the bottom of the cabinet for more stability on the Aperion.

I have to say that I was impressed with Axiom's track record in the industry and their R&D along with the many good reviews and awards on their products. Of course that's not fair to an up and coming company. Only time can bring about a track record.

Maybe I should get the Aperion delivered also? Maybe downgrade my order to M80's only and do a compasrison first???

Last edited by BoB/335; 01/25/09 03:12 PM.