Since Craig's name was brought up by a regular here, I would like to mention that I had contacted Craig early January. I had read a review that he wrote regarding the Axiom M80 vs Energy Veritas where he thought the M80 won out. I liked reading other posts that I had read by him (all of this at another forum)He seemed honest and thorough. I tried tracking him down through that forum and someone told me that he wasn't there much and gave me a tip where to find him.

At that time I was very interested in the Energy RC70 and looking for more info concerning them. Since he compared their higher end speaker to the M80 I became very curious about the M80 especially comparing the prices.

My question to him was since some time had passed since the date of that review, did he still feel the same way about the M80's. Here is his response:

Bob - Three years certainly went be in a hurry. The Axioms did well against the Energies in this test, but were later easily bested by the Rocket 850's ... to the point that the Axioms were sold. The 850's are a speaker one can listen to for hours, with not a bit of fatigue. I would also look at the X-Statiks. For the $$$, and especially with a good subwoofer, they are remarkable. One Caveat, should you still want to go with Axioms - get the wood finish. The vinyl is pretty fragile and prone to rolling at the seams. Hope this helps !! Craig

Last edited by BoB/335; 01/24/09 12:29 PM.