I WAS concerned about the vinyl back then. Craig seemed to be somewhat authorative on many posts that I had read by him. When he wrote that in his email to me I was a bit concerned and started this thread

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=239375&fpart=1

on Jan 7. Many of you seemed to think I was talking about color but it didn't matter. There were 4 pages of posts and not 1 complaint of vinyl problems. I stopped giving Craig so much weight in his analysis after that. I also did pick up his alluding to the Axiom being fatiguing by his ambiguous comment about the Rockets not being fatiguing. I probably could have continued my emails until I became a convert but I'm not THAT slow.

I did check out Aperion and 1 other DI (i have to look back because the name escapes me) and considered trying the Aperion side by side. Aperion has free shipping both ways. I could just see my living room with 2 sets of everything.

Although Axiom has several great reviews, this forum is probably Axiom's best selling tool. How ironic that a certain competitor would consider shutting his down.