Originally Posted By: wid
One must not forget Craig and Mark are in buisness together . Remember this while asking for his opinion on other speaker brands.

And with that in mind, here are some follow-up emails that some here might find interesting:

Hey Craig,
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me. Actually I was concerned about the vinyl finish on the Axioms. The Rockets were an earlier contender. I have been concerned with the subs being shipped with the current special. Also the 850's look rather large in the dimensions compared to the M80 and the RC-70. I had shown my wife the Orbs about 2 or so weeks ago and up until last night I think she thought I was still going small. A lot has happened in 2-3 weeks. I have a J&R Music close to work and listemed to some JBL and Polk Towers. Problem is they had the others in a different room (very small) with different equipment. Certainly less than an ideal situation. I'm having a hard time finding any high end audio around here. We have several 5th Ave, Electronics in different directions I will try to hit this weekend. Anyway, I'll look into the Rockets again. "Easily bested by the Rockets" eh? I know you have a "friendly competition" with AV123. You're not biased here, are you? The people who don't like he Axioms think they are too bright and will eventually cause fatigue. HMMmm? Thanks! BoB

Bob ... No bias, I make nothing on Rockets, plus I am also not much for being biased. I own a Ford dealership but drive a Corvette for a sports car. Whatever is the best, is just that, the best. Danny Richie, who is doing AV123's design work, is a genius. If you want a real GEM, check out the Rocket 450's ... smaller than the 850's, and truly close to the Axioms for output, with a slightly less forward sound. I still like the Axioms, too - it's just they are essentially the same thing they were 6 years ago. If you look at the reactions of guys getting 450's, it has been REALLY positive. Craig