Bob, at least two items in Craig's first reply deserve comment. First, the use of "clearly" is almost never an appropriate description of differences(even where audible differences actually exist, as they do in speakers)when comparing two high-quality items and falls into the same category as "huge", "night-and-day", "blows away", etc.

Also, as Fred has touched on, the comment that the Axiom vinyl finish is "prone to rolling" is contrary to both my personal experience and my observations over about seven years here. I also can recall only one instance(not related to shipping damage, of course)in which the owner complained of vinyl peeling. Since you mention that this is a concern of yours you should be aware that, contrary to the quoted comment, the Axiom vinyl veneer(yes, as has been pointed out, real wood finishes are almost always also veneers over MDF or similar, rather than what Alan has pointed out is the acoustically problematic solid wood)is considered to be a strong point. If there was a problem, veteran Axiom owners or forum members would be the ones who were aware of it. There isn't.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.