RE: Craig and the Rocket vs Axiom thing.

1. The fact that the M80 has not changed significantly in the last 6 years is meaningless drivel. The better a product is, the more difficult it is to improve on.

2. He is affiliated with AV123. He is biased. I have yet to see a successful business owner that does not spin in his favour. It is par of building a successful business.

3. 'Easily bested'. Thats just spin. Both sets of speakers are very good and their individual characteristics will make them sound slightly different. The fact that he mentions fatigue without specifically calling the M80s fatiguing is pure BS/spin, particularly since he did not find them so in his initial reviews.

4. Quantify wherever possible. I have seen only two sets of independant measurements for AV123 products. The rocket 750 (older product) the xstatics. The 750 had a huge midrange hump which the reviewer noted. The extatics also have a midrange hump and considerably more distortion than the M80s. Both of these things will colour the sound.

The midrange hump will give the Rockets a warmer sound, which matches with comments from Rocket owners. It does not give them a bad sound, just warm.

5. Vinyl issues. More FUD!! In all my reading here, and I read a LOT, I have run into exactly one post from somebody having an issue with vinyl pealing. One!! POed customers are much more likely to post and there is only one.

The disgruntled AV123 customer thread shows that this company has some business issues that are probably growth, China manufacturing and recession/cash flow related. Without access to the inside, it is hard to say how serious any one of those issues might be.

The character of the 123 site is an interesting thing. MLS has an evangelical/stump speach style of doing business that cultivates a certain style of following. I personally have an 'alergic reaction' to that style of doing things. He also has the balls to be very open with issues on hist site, something I really admire. This invites a similar openess from posters.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!