Well, I had the conversation (started 2 hours ago now) and it wasn't good. I was basically told that the new job role that my boss was pushing to create was denied despite efforts from some pretty influencial people within my company. I was then told that I have 4 weeks (until January 15) to find another job within the company or I will be let go.

I've started networking with others in the company, and while there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people willing to be a reference, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of job openings right now (imaging that), and definately none in Iowa. So unless the new job is created, my only option is relocation, and that is only if I can find something that fits my job skills. That would mean uprooting my family (again), trying to sell a house in a terrible market, and paying for relocation since my company doesn't cover it... And again, that is if a job even comes up.

So if anyone knows of something to look into (I understand that there are only a few of us from Iowa here) for a guy that has a BS in Computer Science, has been a PC tech, Server admin, network admin, and manager of all of those groups as well as a support operations manager (what I am now), let me know.

Farewell - June 4, 2020