Just an update. I had a 2nd interview for the job closer to home, and it really is a step back about 8 years in what I would be doing and most likely a step back about 8 years in pay as well. I don't feel that I would really ever be truly happy working there, but it would be better than unemployment. Not sure when I will hear anything on that job, but could be today.

As for the job in Atlanta, which is looking even better than it already was in my mind, I am still on hold. HR has given my boss's boss the "separation letter" twice now, but he has been told to hold off until he talks with some others today before letting me know.

So I could be out of a job today!!!! YIKES!

So for those people who pray, wish, or even hope, my prayer for today is that they get approval for the Atlanta job today.

I've been going almost 6 weeks now with very poor sleep at night, which transfers over into my day via headaches, and other aches and pains, plus just feeling run down and sometimes cranky. At first I wasn't completely sold on the Atlanta job, but now I think that the second I would hear something good about it, I would be jumping up and down, yelling and hollering through the house because I'd be so happy. Picture a kid on Christmas morning getting a Wii (YouTube has some good examples)

Kid gets Wii = Nick if he gets Atlanta job

Thanks everyone

Farewell - June 4, 2020