Alright, so the interview for the job closer to home happened today. It went pretty well, and I could definitely do the job well. The biggest issues are that it is 40 miles away (80 miles round trip, 20,800 over the course of a year not taking out vacation days) which will take a toll on the car and my wallet (gas money, maintenance), but it also sounds like they are paying a lot less than what I am making today. They wouldn't give me a number, but the words were something like, "This position pay no where near the minimum..." that I put on the on-line application.

Still no word about the Atlanta job either. I am still hoping for some good news there. That job is for a company that I already know, doing a job that I've already been doing, and for people that already appreciate me. Plus it would be a promotion, so there should be more money involved to at least keep us able to pay our current financial needs while I am spending the extra on travel and moving when/if that day comes, and then it should still be a pay increase even after factoring in the cost of living increase to the Atlanta area.

I just hope and pray for some good news about Atlanta this week.

Farewell - June 4, 2020