I had an email and a phone call actually today from my boss' boss about things, and he really thinks that there is a great position for me (promotion) within my company... Problem is = relocation for the family.

UGH! I've hauled my family around for my job so many times in the past, but the farthest away has been 3 hours where we are now. The kids were also a lot younger (my youngest wasn't even in school, and my oldest was in 3rd grade)... Now that I have a Freshman and a 4th grader, it would be harder on them, as well as my wife who is more "attached" to her family where I grew up more independent from mine.

So it would mean a relocation to Atlanta, GA from Iowa. I know, it is warmer there, but my wife and kids like the snow here too!

It would be 14 hours from "home" (where her and my parents live), which is a good day's drive, but still a lot farther than now and that would mean no more short weekend visits from Grandma and Grandpa to see the kids in shows and events...

Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like it would happen sooner rather than later (little time to warm up to the idea), so it is good news and "bad" news at the same time...

Enough of that for now... I am off to start my New Years fun!

Farewell - June 4, 2020