New gripe. I was over at AVS and their main page has been so loaded with "Featured Content" since they revamped their website that it has become annoying. I mean they have about 6 featured items in the slideshow and then another TWENTY featured items before you can even get to the forum threads that you are subscribed to.

So be it. I dealt with it, but today was really annoying. There were 2 "Featured Content" items the popped up. One was along the lines of "what movies would you like to see published on blu-ray." Another was a spoof of the Avengers trailer. I thought I would check them out. After all, these MUST had a lot of good content or be really popular. But no. One was started by a guy who had made TWO posts prior to his thread being "featured" and it was just a stupid spoof video. It had only one other post before it became featured, meaning some lame-o thread with 2 posts by a guy that had essentially not posted much (two total) posts prior. Really?

So then I check out the "what on blu-ray" one. It was started by some "administrator" with about 35 posts prior. I made a similar comment in that thread in disgust because here was a topic that I was the FIRST response to a "featured content" piece that had no content. How the hell is an empty thread "featured"???? Needless to say, my post got deleted because the "administrator," capnsmak didn't want to be called out for being a power-putz and promoting his own empty thread. So I posted something again, and it too was deleted. I complained to another admin and they basically said that they don't monitor their admins. They thanked me for the concern for making their forums better, blah blah blah, but what a bunch of crap.

Oh, did I mention that stupid capnsmak started another thread about the worse death scene, and made it featured before anyone even responded to it. I didn't bother posting there.

So now that I am done venting about the terrible administrative practices that leak through over at AVS, let me say that I love it that Axiom lets people participate in the society here, and allow people to disagree with them. Thank you!

Farewell - June 4, 2020